Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Play Dough

When I saw this idea on Counting Coconuts I knew we had to do it as well.  I made a batch of green play dough and added some peppermint extract to make it smell more Christmas-y.  Eva and I then molded it into a tree shape.  I had a few sequins and gems in my craft supplies that I gave to Eva to decorate the tree.  She had a blast and got some great fine motor practice in- those little sequins are tough to pick up!

Thanks Mari-Ann for another great idea!
Today Eva got to see Santa.  It took a few walk-bys before she built up the nerve to meet him but she finally did.  She was a little nervous but she was sure to tell him what is on top of her Christmas list- a floor lamp (pretty sure that was Santa's most unique gift request of the day!).

2 comments:

  1. Love the playdoh. That's a great picture with Santa. I've got to bring the kids this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I'm so glad Eva enjoyed making her own playdough tree! Thank you for linking back to me, too. :)

    ReplyDelete