Saturday, September 25, 2010

Autumn Tree

While the leaves here are just beginning to change colors, soon they will be falling.  This fun autumn tree was made by tracing Eva's hand and arm on brown paper.
I cut it out and Eva glued it to a sheet of blue paper.
The she crumpled up squares of red, yellow and green tissue paper and some squares cut from a brown paper bag and glued them on to make the falling leaves.
I drizzled some glue along the bottom of the paper so the ground could be covered with fallen leaves as well.
We also sang a cute song we learned at story time using scarves to act out the movement of the leaves.
Leaves are Twirling (sung to the tune of Frere Jacque)
Leaves are twirling,
leaves are twirling,
all around,
all around,
They are falling softly,
very,very softly
to the ground,
to the ground.

abc button

6 comments:

  1. Adorable! I just love fall crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! I love how you used the hand shape for a tree. What a great successful craft for little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I just barely commented on your last post, but I'm going to comment on this one too. :) Every week I check out the ABC & 123 Show and Tell, and I just click on whatever strikes my fancy or looks like my boys would enjoy. And every week I find myself at the Little Learners Lounge. You do so many fun activities. I really appriciate you posting them, we use your stuff all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Krystal! That means a lot!

    ReplyDelete