Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Where is Momma Monkey?

We read this story today about a little monkey who can't find his mom in the jungle.  
Where's My Mom?

After the story we went outside to have our own search for a monkey.  Baby Monkey lost his Momma so Eva was a good friend and helped him find her.  I attached some twine to the Momma and hid her in a tree.  I then draped the twine all over the backyard and Eva had to follow it to reunite Baby with his Momma.  (I saw this idea on a blog somewhere but can't find it for the life of me- if it's your idea please let me know so I can link to you!)
We found her!
Reunited!  (And yes the song is stuck in my head and now it's probably stuck in yours too- sorry!)
Eva then insisted that they needed to return to the tree together.

No comments:

Post a Comment